HELLO AND WELCOME TO LUFT!
LUFT was founded in 2015 by Viviane Veraguth, a former designer and certified STOTT Pilates instructor. After experiencing the life-changing principles of Pilates, Viviane left her career in Design/UX behind to follow her passion: helping others achieve and sustain their health and fitness goals through the practice of Pilates.
Whether you are an experienced Pilates student looking for the best Pilates studio in Seattle or a beginner seeking a welcoming and safe place to start, LUFT is a great place to learn and hone your practice. Here are a few things to expect when you are flexing at LUFT:
1. At LUFT, we think all bodies are Pilates bodies. The practice of Pilates was created in the early 20th century with influences from yoga, gymnastic strength-training and the idea of healing oneself from within. With these founding beliefs in mind, Viviane has created a light, airy and safe studio where push-yourself-to-the-limit fitness and healing work together side by side.
2. The LUFT Method is grounded in two major theories of practice. First, the STOTT Pilates method. STOTT Pilates differs from traditional Pilates in the sense that the original method created by Joseph Pilates calls for the use of an imprinted spine in exercises where the STOTT Pilates method uses neutral, the natural curvature of the spine. This focus helps restore and strengthen the natural spine while adding stability and strength to the muscles around the spine and joints throughout the body.
3. The second method we draw from is BASI Pilates. BASI is short for Body Arts and Science International, a style of Pilates rooted in anatomy, physiology and scientific principles. BASI takes the original method of Joseph Pilates and supplements it with modern medical knowledge we've learned in the nearly 100 years since Pilates was founded. This results in a more healing and challenging workout, great for rehabbing an injury or cross-training before your next triathlon.
4. Wondering if privates or group classes are right for you? We prefer to build relationships with our clients so that we can better support you and your goals. For new clients, we offer three private sessions for just $159, so that we can set you up for success. For injured or pregnant clients we prefer that you a) consult with a doctor and b) begin with 3 private sessions to ensure your safety and success on your journey to fitness. We also offer Foundation classes for those who are looking to dive right into group classes and are not injured nor pregnant.
5. We offer one-on-one attention, even in our small group classes. Our classes are capped at 8 students per class, which allows our instructors to give each client personal attention and corrections. We monitor your form and safety, giving you a more productive and result-driven workout.
6. We’re more than just Pilates - we are Pilates Reinvented. While every class we offer is based in Pilates, we offer a range of classes that incorporate a variety of fitness styles, designed to get you to your fitness goals quickly and safely.
7. And last but not least: Pilates is addictive – come see for yourself!